Saturday 31 October 2015

If I will Die…

If I would die, I may not wish to die in mysterious circumstances. When I die, I want my family to be able to tell mourners that I died of little fever at night, brief stomach or headache, renal or any cause that clears off doubt.

I will not be happy from my grave to know that my family is in confusion as to the circumstance surrounding my death, whether I die of poisoning or stampede.

If Saudi authorities could not issue convincing statements for the families of victims of stampede at Jamraat to be able to know the cause for the death of their loved ones, certainly there is a great suspicion.

Statements are always oozing, and from the reported features of those injured, lying in coma, receiving treatment in Saudi Hospitals, the situation raises a lot of questions. So far, there have been serious doubts cast on the Saudi version of the event.

I may want to trust evidence statements from experts only, but frightening eye-witness accounts gushing forth should not be outright ignored.

Nobody is contending the death incidents, and the Saudi authorities are already on defensive. They act like the lives of people, especially the blacks, are inconsequential, and took to racism, heaping the blame on the black Africans, more nauseating, the fellow Africans here in Nigeria have echoed.

If I get several opportunities to travel to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage currently, I will rather personally wait till the next several years to see what will become of the situation. If people continue to die in these breathing spaces and the benefit of the doubts I have extended to Saudi authorities, I will not attend hajj in my lifetime except on special capacities where I would be distinguished from the crowd so that when I die a comprehensive investigation will follow to explain the circumstances of my death. 

Even if I become rich, I will not risk my life to go to Saudi Arabia. I would rather stay in Nigeria to redoply my resources to build a house for a poor Alaramma, boost school enrollment for the children of the poor and donate books to local schools, buy sanitation equipment and distribute them to my local community and continue to do my normal act of ibadat from my home country. When I die and find myself on the smiling side, I would request the Almighty for my special hajj in the paradise.

Most of the pilgrims did not intend to go and die in the Holy Land. If we are talking of the proximity of blessing, the residents of the land should be dying first. You cannot tell me I die in blessing while when I die my children will be exposed to hardship.

I am not scientist, but my field of study is one that has to do with history and philosophy of science. Especially in the study of renaissance humanism, you will get to understand the tremendous power of human mind.  Next to God, is human being in terms of powers and possibilities. When humans are scheming things, Satan has to keep aside and watch mouth agape.

All those sciences courses are not over there in the university departments for merely paper calculation only.  As a student in humanities, my job is to think ahead of the scientist about some critical issues for the advancement of humanity so that based on my reflection; the scientist can create models ahead of the impending phenomenon.
You think science is totally separated from arts? 

Crowd Science, Crowd Management, Crowd Movement and Behavior, are all growing fields that stemmed from humanity which are going hand in hand with Mathematics, Architecture, Environmental Design, Geometry, Astrophysics and Geospatial Information Sciences in solving crowd problems.

The stampede is preventable, not merely a twist of fate.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment